This satisfying Stir Fried Marijuana Ginger Shrimp and Asparagus recipe goes together in a flash. Serve over rice or your favorite Asian style noodles.
I use cannabutter to medicate this recipe. Check out my making Marijuana Butter tutorial for directions on how to make it.
A note about the Dosage for the Stir Fried Marijuana Ginger Shrimp and Asparagus recipe
This recipe will have about 60 mg THC per serving IF you made your cannabutter from average cannabis (10% THC) and used 1/2 ounce of marijuana to make 1 cup butter. That a big dose for a lot of folks so consider cutting in half or more.
To adjust the dosage up or down for your personal needs and to reflect the strength of the marijuana you are cooking with and the amounts you used to make your butter, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Class that will teach you how to do it, or use my handy dosage calculator tools that do all the math for you (see below).
Cannabis Infused Stir Fried Ginger Shrimp and Asparagus
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger grated
- 1/3 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar granulated
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons cannabis infused butter * melted
- 4 teaspoons vegetable or canola oil divided
- 1 pound shrimp medium, peeled
- 2 cups asparagus fresh, cut into pieces
- 4 ounces mushrooms white, cremini, or shitake
- 4 green onions sliced, white and green parts
- Whisk together garlic, ginger, stock, vinegar, oyster sauce, sesame oil, sugar, salt, pepper, and cornstarch until well combined. Whisk in melted cannabis infused butter until well combined and mixture is emulsified. You can alternately prepare sauce in a small food processor. Set aside.
- Heat a wok over high heat. Add 2 teaspoons oil and swirl to coat wok. Add shrimp and stir fry just until cooked, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove shrimp from wok and set aside.
- Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil to wok and swirl to coat. Add asparagus, mushrooms, and green onions to wok and stir fry until crisp-tender, about 6 minutes.
- Return shrimp to wok and stir to combine ingredients. Stir sauce and pour over ingredients in wok. Cook, stirring constantly, for about a minute or until sauce heats through, thickens, and evenly coats the food. Serve immediately over rice or noodles.
I made this without the cannabis for the family last night and it was a huge hit. I made a huge bowl of rice, added a little extra shrimp and it fed 7 people. We especially enjoyed the asparagus cooked this way. Just delicious.
Thank you for the comment. I am glad you enjoyed it. Yes, all the recipes will work just fine without the cannabis as well.