This recipe for Marijuana Stuffed Peppers was something I came up with one day when I was being lazy. The stash of ingredients in the fridge and pantry was light and I did not want to have to go to the store in order to cook dinner. So I improvised something with what I had on hand and I was surprised at how good it was!
While these tasty cannabis infused stuffed peppers can satisfy a tamale craving, they don’t have anywhere near as much fat as traditional tamales, which is a nice health bonus.
The bell pepper shell adds fiber along with flavor too.
I use decarboxylated kief to infuse this recipe. Learn more about Cooking with Kief and Hash at this link, along with just how easy it is to make Dry Ice Kief.
A note about the Dosage for the Marijuana Stuffed Peppers recipe!
This recipe will have about 65 mg THC per serving IF you used decarboxylated average kief (40% THC). To adjust the dosage up or down for your personal needs, and to reflect the strength of the kief you are cooking with, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Class that will teach you how to do it, or use my handy dosage calculator tools that do all the math for you (see below).
Marijuana Recipes: Tamale Stuffed Peppers
- 2 green or red bell peppers large
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 white or yellow onion small, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper minced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/4 cups water vegetable stock or chicken stock
- 1/3 cup yellow corn meal
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 gram decarboxylated kief or finely ground decarboxylated hash
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup cooked black beans
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup shredded jack or cheddar cheese divided
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the two large bell peppers in half lengthwise and remove the seeds and core. This will leave you with four pepper half shells. Place these, cut side up in a small baking pan.
- Melt butter and oil in a medium saucepan. Add onions and cook, stirring often, until starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Add jalapeno and garlic to pan and cooking, stirring, for another minutes.
- Add water or chicken stock to pan and bring to a boil.
- Stir kief or hash into the cornmeal along with the cumin. Whisk cornmeal/cannabis mixture into the boiling water in a slow steady stream. Reduce heat to a simmer, and continue whisking/cooking until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in beans, corn, cilantro, and 3/4 cup shredded cheese.
- Divide the mixture between the 4 pepper halves (if your peppers are small you may need more than 4).
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over the tops of the peppers.
- Pour hot water into the baking dish to reach halfway up the sides of the peppers. Bake until peppers are tender, filling is hot, and cheese on top has melted and is starting to brown, about 20 to 25 minutes.