The sweet orange vinaigrette dressing for this main dish marijuana salad can be made up to a day ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until you are ready to grill the salmon and toss it all together for a quick healthy dinner.
I use marijuana oil to medicate this recipe. My making Marijuana Oil tutorial will help you learn how to make it.
A note about the Dosing on this recipe!
This recipe will have about 20 mg THC per serving IF you made your marijuana oil from average cannabis (10% THC) and used 1/2 ounce of marijuana to make 1 cup oil. To adjust the dosage up or down to meet your personal needs and to reflect the strength of the marijuana you are cooking with and the amounts you used to make your oil, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Course that will teach you how to use the handy dosage calculator tool on this page.
Marijuana Salads - Spinach and Orange Salad with Grilled Salmon and Orange Vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon cannabis infused olive or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 6-ounce salmon fillets (about 1 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 8 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 4 seedless oranges each peeled and cut into segments
- 1 medium avocado peeled and diced
- 1 small cucumber peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1/2 small red onion thinly sliced
- Prepare dressing by whisking all dressing ingredients together in a blender, food processor or by hand. Set aside.
- Build a medium-hot grill fire.
- Drizzle salmon fillets with lemon juice and sprinkle with black pepper.
- Grill salmon, skin sides up, on a grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill for about 5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Remove and discard the skin from fillets (or the skin makes a great healthy cat or dog treat).
- In a large salad bowl, toss together spinach, orange sections, avocado, cucumber, and red onion with the dressing until well coated.
- Divide salad among 4 large plates and top each salad with grilled salmon. Serve immediately.