Making this healthy soup gives you a great opportunity to clean out your refrigerator and use up all those small bits of vegetables that might otherwise go to waste. Using soy sauce to salt the soup gives this meatless dish a richer flavor, so much so that you’ll never miss the meat, especially with the the different textures going on too.
Use decarboxylated Kief or Hash to medicate this recipe. Find more information on how to make and cook with kief and hash at this link.
Marijuana Soup Recipe Variations
- To make this soup heartier, but still vegan, add 1 cup cooked beans.
- Add 1 cup or so of cooked rice or pasta after cooking.
- Stir in 1/4 cup or so of nutritional yeast to add richness to the flavor.
- Non-vegans can stir in a tablespoon of grated Parmesan cheese to each bowl just before serving for a richer flavor.
- Non-vegetarians can use chicken or meat stock for a richer soup as well as stir in some cooked leftover chicken, pork, or beef.
A note about the Dosing on this recipe!
This recipe will have about 80 mg THC per serving IF you used decarboxylated average kief (40% THC). To adjust the dosage up or down for your personal needs, and to reflect the strength of the kief you are cooking with, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Class that will teach you how to use the handy dosage calculator tool on this page.
Marijuana Soups: Hearty Vegan Winter Vegetable Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1 large leek thinly sliced, white part only
- 1 medium yellow or white onion finely diced
- 1 celery rib finely diced
- 1 large carrot peeled and finely diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3/4 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon red wine balsamic, or cider vinegar
- 1 can diced tomatoes and their juice 16.5 ounces
- 1 tomato can water 16.5 ounces
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 small head green cabbage thinly sliced
- 2 cups chopped mixed vegetables
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 grams decarboxylated kief or finely ground decarboxylated hash
- Hot sauce to taste
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in the bottom of a large stockpot.
- Add leeks and onions and sauté until starting to brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add celery and carrots and sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in wine and vinegar, scraping up any browned bit in the pan.
- Add tomatoes, water, vegetable stock, cabbage and mixed vegetables.
- Bring mixture to a boil then lower heat to simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in soy sauce, pepper, oregano and kief or hash.
- Cook, stirring, until cannabis concentrate dissolves, about 2 minutes. Serve.
Decarboxylation & Dosing Kief and Hash* Be sure to decarboxylate the kief or hash first by placing it in an ovenproof dish and baking at 250 degrees F for 20 minutes. Click here to learn more about cooking with kief and hash.
**This dose is only a suggestion. Be sure to read and understand Calculating Cannabis Doses in Edibles before attempting to cook with marijuana. For more PRECISE dosing, be sure to take my FREE online dosing class.