Some infused soups, like this Marijuana Corn Chowder with Green Chiles, Shrimp and Bacon, are rich and hearty enough to be a main course. Just add a green salad and some bread and this thick chowder is sure to fill you up and satisfy.
Use concentrates to infuse the Marijuana Corn Chowder
Use decarboxylated Kief or Hash to infuse this recipe. Find more information on how to make and cook with kief and hash at this link.
Roasting Green Chiles
You can use canned green chiles, or roast your own.
If you want to roast your own chiles, here are several methods. Place washed and dried green chiles:
- directly over the flame of a gas stove
- on a charcoal or propane grill over high heat
- under a boiler
In all cases use tongs to turn peppers frequently until blackened on all sides. Place hot roasted chiles in a closed paper bag for 10 minutes. When you remove them you will be able to easily peel with your fingers. Remove seeds and stems (sounds familiar), chop and use in recipes.
A note about the Dosage for the Marijuana Corn Chowder recipe!
This recipe will have about 80 mg THC per serving IF you used decarboxylated average kief (40% THC). That's a pretty large dose for most people. Likewise you might consider cutting it in half, our even by a quarter.
To adjust the dosage up or down for your personal needs, and to reflect the strength of the kief you are cooking with, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Class that will teach you how to do it, or use my handy dosage calculator tools that do all the math for you (see below).
More Marijuana Soups
Click here for a diverse collection of cannabis infused soup recipes for all tastes, all seasons, and all occasions.
Marijuana Soups: Shrimp and Corn Chowder with Bacon
- 2 strips thick-cut bacon diced
- 1 onion small, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 3 cups corn kernels fresh or frozen
- 2 russet potatoes medium, peeled and diced
- 2 mild green chiles large, such as Anaheim
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin ground
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 grams decarboxylated kief or finely ground decarboxylated hash
- 1 pound medium shrimp peeled
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Heat a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Add bacon and cook until browned. Remove bacon and set aside.
- Add olive oil and onion to stockpot and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for one minute more.
- Add corn, potatoes, chiles, chicken stock, cumin, cayenne, and cannabis. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to simmer for about 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Transfer half the soup to a blender or food processor and puree. Return to pot (you can alternately use an immersion blender to puree in the pot to the consistency of your liking.
- Return soup to heat and stir in shrimp and cook until pink and just cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Divide chowder among 4 large bowls. Garnish each bowl with reserved crumbled bacon bits and additional green onions. Serve immediately.
Decarboxylation & Dosing Kief and Hash* Be sure to decarboxylate the kief or hash first by placing it in an ovenproof dish and baking at 250 degrees F for 20 minutes. Click here to learn more about cooking with kief and hash.
**This dose is only a suggestion. For more PRECISE dosing, be sure to take my FREE online dosing class.