Looking for a decadent way to start the day? Look no further than these double chocolate weed muffins. Rich chocolate cannabis muffins also make a terrific snack or dessert too, not to mention a thoughtful homemade gift for the cannabis lovers in your life.
I use marijuana infused oil to medicate this recipe. My making Marijuana Oil tutorial will help you learn how to make it.
Freezer Friendly Marijuana Muffins!
After baking, let cool completely, then wrap individual portions and freeze. Bring to room temperature and enjoy anytime you need a medicated treat!
A note about the Dosing on this recipe!
This recipe will have about 15 mg THC per marijuana muffin IF you made your marijuana oil from average cannabis (10% THC) and used 1/2 ounce of marijuana to make 1 cup oil. To adjust the dosage up or down to meet your personal needs and to reflect the strength of the marijuana you are cooking with and the amounts you used to make your oil, be sure to take my basic Dosing course. Even better, my handy dosage calculator tools will do all the math for you.
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Marijuana Muffins
- 1/4 cup cannabis infused oil vegetable, canola, or other neutral flavored oil
- 1/4 cup neautral flavor oil
- 1 cup sugar granulated
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs large
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line 18 muffin cups with paper cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, sugar, and milk, eggs, and vanilla, until well combined.
- Fold in sour cream until just combined.
- In a medium bowl stir together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Fold flour mixture into liquid mixture, mixing until just barely combined.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups of the chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins, filling 3/4 of the way full.
- Sprinkle tops of muffins with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 15 - 18 minutes or until tops are firm and a toothpick inserted into the muffins comes out almost clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pan.