Quinoa is a nutritious, protein-filled grain that forms the base of this hearty cannabis infused vegan salad. Alternately, you could substitute couscous for the qunoa.
This marijuana quinoa salad packs well for 420 picnics or brown bag lunches.
Use Cannaoil to infuse the quinoa salad. My Making Marijuana Oil tutorial will help you learn how to make it.
Mangoes and Marijuana
Did you know that many mango varieties share a terpene with cannabis (the chemical element of the plant that gives it aroma and flavor)? No wonder the two are a natural flavor match. Learn more about the Mango and Marijuana connection at this link, including why some people think eating mangoes can increase the length and intensity of your high.
How to Cut a Mango
Mangoes have a thick skin you will need to remove and they contain a single large flat oblong pit you will need to cut around. Always wash mangoes before peeling and cutting.
Take a look at your mango. Regardless of which variety you use, you will notice the fruit is oblong and one side will have what looks like a small round indentation or “eye” and/or a subtle ridge that run along it. The oblong pit runs just behind this. Put your mango on the cutting board and cut through the fruit about 1/4-inch off center from this point. Repeat, cutting about 1/4-inch from the other side of the center pit. This will leave you with two mango “cheeks.” Score the fruit into strips or cubes, taking care to not cut all the way through the skin. Now take a spoon and simply scoop out the mango slices or cubes. The center portion can also be peeled and you will be able to get a small amount of usable fruit from this piece by carving around the pit.
A note about the Dosage for the Almond and Mango Marijuana Quinoa Salad recipe!
This recipe will have about 40 mg THC per serving IF you made your marijuana oil from average cannabis (10% THC) and used 1/2 ounce of marijuana to make 1 cup cannaoil.
To adjust the marijuana quinoa salad dosage for your personal needs and to reflect the strength of the marijuana you are cooking with and the amounts you used to make your oil, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Class that will teach you how to do it, or use my handy dosage calculator tools that do all the math for you (see below).
Mango and Marijuana Quinoa Salad with Almonds
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons cannabis infused oil
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup mango diced
- 3/4 cup red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup green onions thinly sliced, white and green parts
- 1/3 cup cilantro finely chopped
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Toast almonds by placing in a dry skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine mango, red bell pepper, green onions, cilantro, toasted almond slices, and cooked quinoa. In a separate bow, whisk together canna-oil, vinegar, minced garlic, cayenne, salt, and pepper. Toss dressing with salad.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.