Quinoa is a nutritious, protein-filled grain that forms the base of this hearty salad (you could substitute couscous in its place). This healthy vegan salad packs well for picnics or brown bag lunches.
I use Marijuana Oil to medicate this recipe. My Making Marijuana Oil tutorial will help you learn how to make it.
Mangoes and Marijuana
Did you know that many mango varieties share a terpene with cannabis (the chemical element of the plant that gives it aroma and flavor)? No wonder the two are a natural flavor match. Learn more about the Mango and Marijuana connection at this link, including why some people think eating mangoes can increase the length and intensity of your high.
How to Cut a Mango
Mangoes have a thick skin you will need to remove and they contain a single large flat oblong pit you will need to cut around. Always wash mangoes before peeling and cutting.
Take a look at your mango. Regardless of which variety you use, you will notice the fruit is oblong and one side will have what looks like a small round indentation or “eye” and/or a subtle ridge that run along it. The oblong pit runs just behind this. Put your mango on the cutting board and cut through the fruit about 1/4-inch off center from this point. Repeat, cutting about 1/4-inch from the other side of the center pit. This will leave you with two mango “cheeks.” Score the fruit into strips or cubes, taking care to not cut all the way through the skin. Now take a spoon and simply scoop out the mango slices or cubes. The center portion can also be peeled and you will be able to get a small amount of usable fruit from this piece by carving around the pit.
A note about the Dosing on this recipe!
This recipe will have about 40 mg THC per serving IF you made your marijuana oil from average cannabis (10% THC) and used 1/2 ounce of marijuana to make 1 cup oil. To adjust the dosage for your personal needs and to reflect the strength of the marijuana you are cooking with and the amounts you used to make your oil, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Class that will teach you how to use my handy dosage calculator tool.
Mango and Marijuana Quinoa Salad with Almonds
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons cannabis infused oil
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced mango
- 3/4 cup red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions white and green parts
- 1/3 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Toast almonds by placing in a dry skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine mango, red bell pepper, green onions, cilantro, toasted almond slices, and cooked quinoa. In a separate bow, whisk together canna-oil, vinegar, minced garlic, cayenne, salt, and pepper. Toss dressing with salad.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Dosing & Marijuana OilClick here for instructions for making Marijuana Infused Oil. **This dose is only a suggestion. Be sure to read and understand Calculating Cannabis Doses in Edibles before attempting to cook with marijuana. For more PRECISE dosing, be sure to take my FREE online dosing class.