I call this my “Enlightened” Waldorf Salad not only because it is progressive enough to contain cannabis, but also because I cut the Waldorf Salad’s traditional high fat content by mixing in some plain yogurt for some of the mayonnaise in this classic retro salad.
Use decarboxylated Kief or Hash to medicate this recipe. Find more information on how to make and cook with kief and hash at this link.
A note about the Dosing on this recipe!
This recipe will have about 50 mg THC per serving IF you used decarboxylated average kief (40% THC). To adjust the dosage up or down for your personal needs, and to reflect the strength of the kief you are cooking with, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Class that will teach you how to use the handy dosage calculator tool on this page.
Recipe: Marijuana Infused Waldorf Salad
- 1/8 cup plain yogurt
- 1/8 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 gram kief or hash (or hash oil) decarboxylated, finely ground
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley finely chopped
- 1 celery rib medium, finely chopped
- 1 apple large, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup seedless red grapes halved
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces toasted
- lettuce leaves for serving
- Combine all dressing ingredients until well mixed.
- In a small bowl, combine all the salad ingredients. Toss with dressing until well coated.
- Place a lettuce leaf on each of two serving plates and mound 1/2 the salad on each. Serve immediately.
Decarboxylation and Dosing* Be sure to decarboxylate the kief or hash first by placing it in an ovenproof dish and baking at 250 degrees F for 20 minutes. Click here to learn more about cooking with kief and hash.
**This dose is only a suggestion. Be sure to read and understand Calculating Cannabis Doses in Edibles before attempting to cook with marijuana. For more PRECISE dosing, be sure to take my FREE online dosing class.