These creamy marijuana mashed potatoes have just the right amount of lumps to let you know they’re real and not instant. The humble potato makes the quintessential comfort food side dish.
This recipe uses Marijuana Butter to add the cannabis to the food. My how-to tutorial can help you make it!
A note about the Dosing on this recipe!
This recipe will have about 30 mg THC per serving IF you made your marijuana butter from average cannabis (10% THC) and used 1/2 ounce of marijuana to make 1 cup butter. To adjust the dosage up or down for your personal needs and to reflect the strength of the marijuana you are cooking with and the amounts you used to make your butter, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Class that will teach you how to use the handy dosage calculator tool on this page.
Marijuana Recipes: Mota Mashed Potatoes
- 2 1/2 pounds russet or Yukon Gold potatoes
- Salt to taste
- 4 teaspoons cannabis infused butter
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 2 kief or hash
- Pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Wash and peel potatoes and cut into 2-inch chunks. Add to water and boil over medium heat until potatoes are soft, about 15 minutes. Drain potatoes in a colander.
- Place hot drained potatoes in a large bowl along with butter and cream cheese. Sprinkle kief or finely ground hash over bowl. Use an electric hand mixer to whip potatoes until all ingredients are well combined and little or no lumps remain, according to your preference. Season to taste with salt and pepper.