This recipe for Rocky Road Pot Brownies is part of my larger feature: How to Make the Best Pot Brownies: Recipes, Tips & Troubleshooting
QUESTION: Do Cannabis Rocky Road brownies have "pot" holes?
OK, before you ask me to show myself out for that horrible joke, consider this amazing recipe. Toasted almonds and marshmallows add interest and a lot of flavor and texture to an already outstanding marijuana brownie recipe.
I use Marijuana Butter to medicate this recipe. Check out my Making Marijuana Butter tutorial for directions on how to make it, if you don't already know.
Freezer Friendly Rocky Road Pot Brownies
For longer storage, wrap each brownie individually then freeze. When you want to enjoy a medicated treat, just bring to room temperature and enjoy. As these Rocky Road Pot Brownies are so delicious, storing in the freezer can help cut down on the temptation to over indulge.
A note about the Dosing on this recipe!
This recipe will have about 55 mg THC per serving IF you made your marijuana butter from average cannabis (10% THC) and used 1/2 ounce of marijuana to make 1 cup butter. That is a very large dose for the majority of people. Consider cutting it in half, or even quarter it if you consider yourself a cannabis lightweight.
Even better, to adjust the dosage of this or any other recipe for your personal needs and to reflect the strength of the marijuana you are cooking with and the amounts you used to make your butter, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Course that will teach you how to do it. Better still, use my handy dosage calculator tools that do all the math for you (see below).
Cannabis Brownies: Recipe for Rocky Road Marijuana Brownies
- 1/2 cup cannabis infused butter
- 1/8 cup butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 4 ounces bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup toasted almond slices
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil and grease foil with either butter or vegetable shortening.
- Melt the canna-butter, butter, and chocolates over low heat in a medium saucepan stirring frequently. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir together the flour and salt, set aside.
- Stir the sugar into the melted canna-butter until well combined.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla and continue mixing until well incorporated.
- Mix in the flour and salt until just incorporated.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the brownie batter and spread the remainder into the prepared pan.
- Bake batter in the pan for about 20 minutes. While it is baking prepare the topping by stirring together the reserved batter with the toasted almonds and marshmallows.
- After batter in pan has baked for 20 minute, remove from over. Spread topping over par-baked brownies and return to oven. Bake for about 10 more minutes or until marshmallows are browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with just a few moist crumbs clinging to it.
- Let cool in pan before using the foil to lift out the brownies and slice.