You can fry, grill, or bake the chicken wings for this recipe, then toss with the flavorful medicated glaze that turns simple chicken into something spectacular. Serve with rice to soak up every bit of the medicated glaze.
Use decarboxylated Kief or Hash to medicate this recipe. Find more information on how to make and cook with kief and hash at this link.
A note about the Dosing on this recipe!
This recipe will have about 50 mg THC per serving IF you used decarboxylated average kief (40% THC). To adjust the dosage up or down for your personal needs, and to reflect the strength of the kief you are cooking with, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Class that will teach you how to use the handy dosage calculator tool on this page.
Sesame Honey Lime Chicken Wings - Marijuana Recipes
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon sriracha hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon ginger fresh, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 gram kief or hash decarboxylated, finely ground
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds toasted
- 2 green onions finely chopped for garnish, optional
Prepare Chicken Wings
- The photo shows how to cut chicken wings. Poultry shears are easiest, but you can also use a sharp knife. Cut off the wing tip and reserve for another use, like making stock. Next cut through the elbow joint to make two meaty wing pieces. These are what we will use for the recipe. You can also buy wings already prepared this way from the butcher, but cutting them yourself will be far more frugal.
- Season wing pieces with salt and pepper and cook. How you cook them is up to you. You can fry, grill or bake the wings: Fry at for 375 degrees F for about 10 - 12 minutes. Bake at 375 degrees F for about 30 minutes. Grill over a medium hot fire for about 10 minutes per side.
- While chicken is cooking, prepare the glaze. In a small saucepan combine the soy sauce, lime juice, honey, hot sauce, ginger, and sesame oil. Heat over medium high, stirring until mixture starts to bubble. Stir constantly and watch carefully because it can bubble over in seconds. Continue to cook until glaze is slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in and kief or hash and continue to cook until concentrate is dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Place cooked chicken in a large bowl and toss with the medicated glaze to coat. Serve.
Decarboxylation and Dosing* Be sure to decarboxylate the kief or hash first by placing it in an ovenproof dish and baking at 250 degrees F for 20 minutes. Click here to learn more about cooking with kief and hash.
**This dose is only a suggestion. Be sure to read and understand Calculating Cannabis Doses in Edibles before attempting to cook with marijuana. For more PRECISE dosing, be sure to take my FREE online dosing class.