Slow cooker marijuana recipes like this one will save your kitchen from heating up on hot summer days. Plus they are easy and convenient. Just set it and forget it while you go out and have fun!
These tasty cannabis baked beans are medicated with Mary Jane’s BBQ Sauce (click link for recipe). If you don’t want to medicate your beans, use regular BBQ sauce instead. But this medicated BBQ sauce is super versatile, as you can use it on most any grilled food and instantly turn it into a cannabis edible.
Freezer Friendly Cannabis Baked Beans
This recipe makes 8 cups so you could use it for a big party.
If you don’t need that much, you can easily cut the recipe in half, although be aware that it does freeze well. Pack in individual portions.
To reheat thaw and heat on the stovetop over medium heat, or in the microwave (timing will depend on the amount being heated).
BBQ Cannabis Baked Beans Vegetarian/Vegan Variation
In the recipe below, omit the bacon and cook the vegetables in 3 tablespoons oil instead. Substitute vegetable stock or water for the chicken stock, and stir in 2 teaspoons liquid smoke along with the BBQ sauce. Presto, vegan cannabis baked beans!
A note about the Dosing the Cannabis Baked Beans
This recipe will have about 10 mg THC per 1/2 cup serving of beans IF you made your marijuana oil (use to make the BBQ sauce which is in turn used to medicate this recipe) from average cannabis (10% THC) and used 1/2 ounce of marijuana to make 1 cup oil.
To adjust the dosage up or down to meet your personal needs and to reflect the strength of the marijuana you are cooking with and the amounts you used to make your oil, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Course that will teach you how to do it, or use my handy dosage calculator tools that do all the math for you (see below).
Slow Cooker Marijuana Recipes - "Baked" BBQ Beans
- 1 pound dried white beans such as navy or great northern
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1/2 pound bacon diced
- 1 onion large, yellow or white, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper large, cored, seeded, and minced
- 1 bell pepper small, any color, cored, seeded and finely diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 3 cups chicken or turkey stock
- 2 cups Mary Jane’s BBQ sauce see recipe link above
- Put beans in a large container and cover with water plus another couple of inches. Stir in salt until it dissolves and let soak overnight at room temperature. Drain and rinse beans. Set aside.
- Heat a medium pot over medium-high heat. Add bacon and cook until fat has rendered and bacon starts crisping, about 5 minutes.
- Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is beginning to brown around the edges, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in jalapeno, bell pepper and garlic and cook for another two minutes.
- Transfer contents of pot to a large slow cooker. Add the drained beans, the chicken stock, and the BBQ sauce and stir to mix. Cook on high for about 6 to 8 hours or until beans or tender.
Dosing & Marijuana OilClick here for instructions for making Marijuana Infused Oil. **This dose is only a suggestion. For more accurate dosing, be sure to take my FREE online dosing course.
Please Support our Sponsor
(This recipe was originally published in August 2018.)