Cold buckwheat soba noodles are a staple in Japan, but they are usually served with just a dipping sauce. I’ve added chicken and more veggies to the whole grain pasta to make it a complete meal in a bowl. Find the noodles, which have a pleasing nutty flavor, in the Asian section of your supermarket.
Use decarboxylated Kief or Hash to medicate this recipe. Find more information on how to make and cook with kief and hash at this link.
A note about the Dosing on this recipe!
This recipe will have about 50 mg THC per serving IF you used decarboxylated average kief (40% THC). To adjust the dosage up or down for your personal needs, and to reflect the strength of the kief you are cooking with, be sure to take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Class that will teach you how to use the handy dosage calculator tool on this page.
Cold Soba Noodles with Chicken and Veggies - Marijuana Recipes
- 6 ounces buckwheat soba noodles
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 chicken breast boneless, skinless
- 2 slices ginger fresh
- 1 green onion roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce preferably light
- 1 teaspoon sriracha hot sauce optional, more or less to taste
- 1/4 gram decarboxylated kief or finely ground decarboxylated hash
- 1/2 cucumber large, peeled, seeded and julienned
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/3 cup carrot shredded
- 1 green onion large, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup peanuts roasted, coarsely chopped
- Heat a large pot of salted water to boiling. Add soba noodles and cook until al dente, about 5 to 7 minutes. Drain, rinse under cold water, drain again. Toss with 1 teaspoon oil and place in the refrigerator to cool while you prepare the rest of the dish.
- Place chicken breast, ginger slices, and green onion pieces in a small saucepan and add enough water to cover chicken plus about 1/2-inch. Bring water to a boil over high heat, reduce heat to a simmer and cook, turning once, for about 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from water, let cool slightly and use a fork to shred chicken. Set aside.
- Prepare sauce by mixing all sauce ingredients together in a blender or food processor. Alternately, whisk sauce ingredients together by hand until emulsified.
- Place cooked chilled or room temperature noodles in a large bowl with the shredded chicken and veggies. Pour sauce over everything and toss well to mix. Divide between two plates. Sprinkle chopped peanuts over the top; serve immediately.
Decarboxylation & Dosing for Marijuana Recipes* Be sure to decarboxylate the kief or hash first by placing it in an ovenproof dish and baking at 275 degrees F for 25 minutes. Click here to learn more about cooking with kief and hash.
**This dose is only a suggestion. Be sure to read and understand Calculating Cannabis Doses in Edibles before attempting to cook with marijuana. For more PRECISE dosing, be sure to take my FREE online dosing class.