You might think that making any kind of pizza from scratch, let alone a weed infused pizza from scratch would take some substantial culinary skills. And ordinarily you'd be right. But not this time. This weed pizza is so simple and easy to make, anyone, even non cooks, can pull it off.
I have called this particular pizza recipe my "Stoned Pizza" recipe for years, precisely because it is so easy to make. We used to joke you can make it while stoned. Then I discovered "Stoned Pizza" is a commercially produced edible. Who knew? This pizza recipe has nothing to do with theirs, although I would love to try the official brand name Stoned Pizza one day.
How easy is it to make Weed Pizza? VERY Easy
When I first learned to bake as child, I learned the importance of bread basics like mixing water and yeast at just the right temperature. I used a big standing mixer. And even after using the stand mixer, I would seemingly have to knead the dough endlessly. My mother even had special bread proofing boxes that kept things warm and yeast growing.
Absolutely NONE of that matters with this weed pizza recipe!!!
We are going to let time and mother nature do all the work for us. It takes less and 5 minutes and nothing more than a bowl and a spoon to make this weed pizza dough from scratch.
Truly the only downside to this super easy cannabis pizza recipe is that you do have to plan ahead. Eight to 24 hours ahead. But during that time you can be off doing other things and having fun. The dough just needs time for the yeast to work its magic.
Make ahead Weed Pizza dough
I find it is easiest to stretch the dough if you make it and use it during the 8-24 hour rise time.
That said if you want to get ahead, or if you choose to bake only one pizza and save half of the dough for later, you can place in a food storage bag with a light coating of olive oil and refrigerate for up to 3 days before using.
You can even freeze the dough. When ready to make pizza just bring to room temperature, let rise for a few hours and proceed with the recipe below.
However, know that refrigerating or freezing for longer periods will increase the dough’s elasticity. Likewise, it will be a bit more challenging to stretch the dough into the pan as it will be springing back on itself.
How to bake Weed Pizza
This recipe makes a thick crust pan pizza with delicious crisp edges. This is because the pans are coated with a generous amount of olive oil.
I like to bake my pan pizza in a cast iron skillet best as it is great at crisping those edges. However, if you don't have a cast iron skillet, ordinary round cake pans make suitable stand ins.
In fact, as this weed pizza dough recipe is enough for 2 pizzas, I often use one of each kind of pan and bake two pizzas in one session. Even if I don’t have guests to help eat it all, who doesn’t love leftover pizza?
Ten-inch pans or skillets work well. You could get away with slightly smaller or larger.
Super Easy Cannabis Infused Pizza Sauce
For a stronger dosage (more on dosing below) pair this easy weed pizza recipe with my super easy no-cook cannabis infused pizza sauce. If you want a lighter dose, leave the cannabis out of either the sauce or the dough. Or use a different sauce to top your pizza.
Get the easy no-cook Cannabis Pizza Sauce recipe.
Other Sauce Options
If you don't want to make the pizza sauce above, consider one these alternatives:
- You favorite tomato sauce, homemade or from a jar.
- Alfredo sauce, homemade or from a jar.
- Forego sauce altogether and simply brush your pizza with garlic infused oil before topping. This oil could also be made by soaking garlic in cannaoil if you want to add additional dosage.
Toppings for Marijuana Pizza
The sky is the limit when it comes to toppings. Consider these options.
- Start with a base of pizza sauce, either traditional red or Alfredo sauce. You can make these from scratch or use jarred sauce.
- Another option is to forgo sauces and simply brush the crust with garlic infused olive oil before adding cheese and toppings.
- Think of outside the box sauces. For instance peanut sauce topped with mozzarella, cubed cooked chicken, bean sprouts, and cilantro makes a Thai style pizza.
Cheeses for Weed Pizza
- Grated mozzarella is traditional.
- You can also use other types of melty cheeses. They can be combined with or substituted for mozzarella: cheddar, Swiss, Jack, etc.
More Cannabis Pan Pizza Toppings
In addition to all of the usual pizzeria topings: pepperoni, onions, sausage, olives, etc. etc., these easy RV pan pizzas can be a great way to get creative and use up leftovers. Get creative and you just might invent the next most popular Stoned Pizza!
Here are some out-of-the-box topping suggestions:
- Leftover grilled chicken, beef, burgers, etc.
- Chopped veggies – whatever is in season or that you picked up at the farmer's market. For instance zucchini, sliced Brussels sprouts, broccoli, etc. If you have leftover grilled veggies these work well too.
- Pineapple (if you must), with or without ham or Canadian bacon.
- Just before the pizza goes in the oven crack a raw egg in the center. Bake pizza until the egg white is set and the yolk is runny. Awesome for a wake and bake breakfast!
Toppings to add after baking
You can add these toppings just as the pizza comes out of the oven, or a minute or two before.
- Grated hard cheeses such as Parmesan or Asiago
- Fresh basil
- Fresh spinach leaves
Dosage for Weed Pizza
If you medicate just the pizza dough, each of the 6 servings will have about 15 mgs THC per serving, IF you made you cannaoil from 10 THC cannabis and used 1/2 ounce to make 1 cup of oil. You can increase the per serving dosage to 35 mgs THC per servings if you medicate both the pizza dough and the pizza sauce. Alternately medicate just the sauce for a per serving dose of 20 mgs.
Of course you may or may not be cooking with 10% THC cannabis. To reflect the cannabis you are using and your own personal dosage needs, take my free online dosing class. Even better, sue my dosage calculators that do all the math for you and let you adjust recipes on the fly.
Cheri's Dosage Calculators
Perfect dosing every time, even when not cooking with lab tested weed. Easy to use!
How to Assemble the Weed Infused Pizza
Details are in the recipe below, but in a nutshell, here's what's coming up.
- Prepare dough according to the recipe below and let rise for 8 to 24 hours.
- Prepare sauce according to the recipe at this link.
- After the first rise, divide dough in half and stretch in pans according to recipe directions and let rise again.
- Use hands to press out any air bubbles in the dough.
- Spread sauce on dough.
- Cover the top of pizza with grated cheese.
- Add desired toppings.
- Bake according to instructions in the recipe below.
- Add after baking toppings if desired.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before slicing.
Recipe for Easy Weed Pizza Dough
A couple of notes before we make the dough. This dough will work in warmer temperatures, but cooler temperatures and a longer rise time produce an overall better textured finished product. Either way, it’s still mighty good. But know that if the weather is warmer the pizza may be rising so much it's ready in 8 hours or so. If the ambient temperature is cooler, you can let it go for up to 24 hours.
Remember, I call this my Stoned Pizza because it is so easy to make. Likewise, there’s no need to heat or warm the water. Directly out of the tap is all you need.
And it were not Stoned Pizza, I might be more precise and weigh the ingredients. However I wanted this to be quick and easy so we will leave the scales out of it and measure instead.
Easy Weed Infused Pan Pizza
- 2 cast iron skillets and/or round cake pans 10 to 12-inch
- 2 1/2 cups flour all-purpose
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast less than 1 packet
- 1 tablespoon cannabis infused olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups water room temperature
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce see link above for recipe or use your favorite kind
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- assorted pizza toppings of your choice
- Place all ingredients except olive oil in a large bowl and stir until well combined.
- The dough should be moist but hold together. You may want to use floured hands at the end of mixing just to form it into a ball. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and go do something else for 8 – 24 hours (see notes above).
- Coat your skillet(s) and or pan(s) on the bottom and sides with olive oil. Use at least 1 1/2tablespoons per pan.
- Once dough has doubled in size or more, sprinkle the dough lightly with flour and dust your hands with flour as well. Pick up the dough and divide it into two equal pieces. Form each piece into a tight ball by tucking the ends under itself.
- Place one dough ball in each pan, turn to lightly coat with oil.
- Use the palms of your hands to press the dough into the pans up to the edges. Cover pans with plastic wrap and let rise again, this time for about 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees (yes, you read that correctly, you want a very hot oven).
- Use your fingertips to press the dough in the pan, spreading it out until it fills the entire pan. Press out any big air bubbles you go as you want these gone before baking. Use fingertips along the edges of the pan to press the dough down and form a small lip going up the sides. This may be challenging depending on how elastic your dough is. If you can’t get it it to stay up on the sides, no worries. Your weed pizza will still come out looking and tasting delicious.
- Top each pizza with about 1/2 cup of sauce, followed by an even sprinkling of grated cheese, about 1 cup per pizza. Add any other desired toppings.
- Bake the pizza for about 15 minutes. When ready the cheese on top should be golden brown, melted, and bubbly. The crust should also be golden brown. It is a good idea to take a knife or spatula and lift an edge of the crust and make sure the underneath is properly browned, before removing the pizza from the oven.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before slicing. You can cut right in the pan, especially if you used a cast iron skillet. Otherwise, use a spatula to help you slide the pizza out of the pan and onto to a cutting board.