Buffalo Style Weed Wings make an awesome savory munchie for your next 420 party.
A buttery sauce, sharp with vinegar and hot peppers, give these savory weed wings their unforgettable flavor.
If desired, serve with celery sticks and blue cheese dressing used for the Wedge Salad.
Although it’s not traditional, I also like to serve some crusty bread along side the weed infused chicken wings in order to get every drop of the medicated sauce.
Use Cannabutter to Medicate Buffalo Weed Wings
I use cannabutter to infuse the spicy weed wings sauce with marijuana.
The cannabis infused butter replaces some (or all if you prefer) of the butter used in a traditional Buffalo Wings recipe.
If you don't already know how to make it, check out my 4 foolproof ways to make cannabutter tutorial.
A Note on the Dosage for Buffalo Style Weed Wings
Each serving of these weed wings will have about 25mg THC per serving IF you made your marijuana butter from average cannabis (10% THC) and used 1/2 ounce of marijuana to make 1 cup cannabis infused butter.
To learn how to adjust the dosage for your personal needs and to reflect the strength of the marijuana you are cooking with and the amounts you used to make your cannabutter, take my FREE 10 minute online Dosing Class that will teach you how to do it, or better yet, use my handy dosage calculator tools that do all the math for you (see below).
Cheri's Dosage Calculators
Perfect dosing every time, even when not cooking with lab tested weed. Easy to use!
Cannabis Infused Buffalo Weed Wings
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- oil for deep frying
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder divided
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons cannabis infused butter
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup vinegar based hot sauce such as Tabasco
- Prepare chicken wings into “drummettes” by using poultry shears or a sharp knife to cut off wing tip at the first joint, then cut the wing again at the elbow joint. Discard tips or save for another purpose, such as making chicken stock.
- Combine flour, 1 teaspoon each salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika and 1/4 teaspoon (more to taste) cayenne pepper in a medium bowl. Stir to combine well.
- Use tongs to dip wings in flour mixture to lightly coat. Set aside on a wire rack and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer to 350 degrees F or heat enough oil to cover wings in a large deep skillet.
- Fry coated wings for about 10 minutes or until golden brown and meat is cooked through. If necessary, fry in batches so as not to overcrowd the skillet or fryer. Drain wings on a wire rack set over a baking sheet.
- In a large skillet melt cannabis-infused butter and butter over medium-low heat. Stir in hot sauce, and 1/2 teaspoon each pepper and garlic powder. Stir together until mixture is well blended. Add fried chicken wings and toss to coat in sauce. Serve immediately with crusty bread to mop up any excess sauce.
- Variation: Instead of frying, grill wings over a medium-hot fire for about 7 minutes per side or bake in a 400-degree F oven for about 20 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Proceed with sauce as above.