This issue I answer a reader question about the silicone sleeve for the Ardent Lift Decarboxylator and whether it is really necessary, and also I include some recipes for two of my favorite dried healthy medicated snacks: Kale Chips and Jerky. That’s right, you can Dry Your Weed!
I ordered an infusion sleeve for my Ardent Nova Lift Decarboxylator and am waiting for it to arrive. However, while watching the video made by Ardent, it shows Shanel putting a glass bottle of oil with the herb right into the Ardent decarboxylator without a sleeve. So my question is, why wouldn’t I do this? Why do I need the sleeve? I am thinking it would need to be a heatproof glass like a mini canning jar right?
Get the answers here.
- For $30.00 off the Ardent Decarboxylater, enter the coupon code CANNACHERI at checkout.
- Enter the coupon code CANNABISCHERI15 for 15% off any online course at Cannademy.com including Cannabis for the Confused, Easy DIY Marijuana Topicals, and Easy Cannabis Cooking for Home Cooks.
- For 15% off any order from Joy Organics CBD products enter the code cheri15 at checkout.
- Save 15% off accessories for DaVinci Vaporizers by entering coupon code SAVE15 at checkout.
Dry Your Weed: Jerky and Kale Chips
I have an amazing neighbor who gifted me a top of the line Excalibur food dehydrator. If you are not so lucky with your neighbors, food dehydrators are easy to find inexpensively at thrift stores and garage sales, as people buy them and often find they don’t use them often enough. Which is a shame, as they are really great for preserving lots of food and making wonderful, healthy dried snacks. In fact, they are so great, you might even opt for a new food dehydrator.
But guess what? Even if you DON’T have a food dehydrator, you can still make these awesome dried medicated snacks right in your oven! Just turn it on to the lowest possible temperature and vent open the door a crack and let them dry!
I love having kale chips and jerky around because they make for great medicated snacks on the go. They’re also low carb and gluten-free, which for me are healthier options to lots of other more traditional snack foods.
Best of all, making your own kale chips and jerky will save a fortune over buying them, plus there aren’t many (any?) companies making these snacks in a medicated version. But even in their non-medicated versions, these snacks are expensive to buy, but thrifty to make.
Ready to get going? Check out the Kale Chip and Jerky Tutorials and recipes and start drying your way to delicious snacks!
- The Easy Cannabis Cookbook
- Mary Jane: The Complete Marijuana Handbook for Women
- Basic Edibles and Topicals Dosing with Dosage Calculators
- Cannabis for the Confused: A Crash Course in Marijuana
- Easy Cannabis Cooking for Home Cooks
- Easy DIY Marijuana Topicals and Skincare
Do You Have a Cannabis Question?
Do you have a burning question about cannabis? Fill out the form at this page and Ask Cheri. I will try to get to as many as possible.
|P.P.S. – ACCURATE DOSING FOR HOMEMADE EDIBLES!
If you haven’t already, check out my new FREE online class “Precise Dosing for Homemade Marijuana Edibles.” No more guesswork! In this free class, learn how to figure out how many mgs THC are in your homemade edibles, without lab testing. You’ll also get access to my FREE dosage calculator tool that does all the work for you. It takes less than 10 minutes to watch the free video class, so sign up now!