This issue with cold and flu season upon us we take a look at cannabis as a disease preventative. I also share a favorite fall cookie recipe.
The endocannabinoid system regulates almost every biological process in our bodies and has evolved to not only restore our body’s homeostatic balance when it is ravaged by disease, but to prevent the development of diseased states in the first place.
Dr. Robert Melamede in his ground breaking paper, “Harm Reduction-the Cannabis Paradox,” proposed that “the homeostatic action of cannabinoids on so many physiological structures and processes is the basis for the hypothesis that the endocannabinoid system is nothing less than a naturally evolved harm reduction system.”
- Edibles and Topicals Dosing with Dosage Calculators
- The Easy Cannabis Cookbook
- Mary Jane: The Complete Marijuana Handbook for Women
- A Crash Course in Cannabis
- Easy Cannabis Cooking for Home Cooks
- The Ultimate Guide to Cannabis Gummies
- Easy DIY Marijuana Topicals and Skincare
- FREE basic Dosing for Edibles Online Class
For some reason I crave this classic cookie in fall and winter more than I do in fall and winter. And since the the weather has turned cold where I am currently staying in Northern California, it was high time to dig out this recipe.
Chewy and studded with sweet little raisins, these cookies are an old-fashioned favorite. However this recipe updates the classic with spices that not only add culinary interest, they help mask the flavor of cannabis that most of most of us are trying to avoid.
You can use either golden raisins or regular brown raisins in this recipe. Or if you don't like raisins at all, skip them and make Oatmeal Spice Cannabis Cookies.
Support our awesome sponsors and save!
- Enter the coupon code 10CC at checkout for 10% off any order from Budgrower.com including their COMPLETE Cannabis Grow Kits.
- For 15% off the FX or any products by Ardent Cannabis, enter the coupon code ARDENTCHERI15 at checkout.
- Check out RYOT for smell-proof bags, quality grinders, and much more. Enter coupon code CHERI15 for 15% off at checkout.
- POT by NOIDS Decarber, Infuser, FECO Oil Maker. Use the coupon code CHERISICARD for a 5 Euro discount (discount will be converted to dollars). While this is a Dutch company, they do have distribution centers in the US so if you order the product will come from the US and be wired for US too.
- Culinary Solvent food grade alcohol for tinctures or FECO, use code CHERI for 10% off.
Join the Fun on Facebook and YouTube!
- Join Cheri's Facebook group: Cannabis Cooking and DIY Topicals for Home Consumers
- Subscribe to Cheri's YouTube channel
Do You Have a Cannabis Question?
Do you have a burning question about cannabis? Fill out the form at this page and Ask Cheri. She will try to get to as many as possible.