This week I answer a reader question about how many edibles can expect out of an ounce, plus share my favorite infused lemons bars recipe.
Borrowing a quote from Mark Twain, "The more I know people, the more I love my dog." I added the "and my dog's an asshole" part.
I designed this shirt with my beloved Bruno in mind. He doesn't mean to be but he can be a jerk. But I still love hime more than a lot of people! LOL.
I love my dog shirts.
How many edibles can you make from an ounce of weed? I am trying to average out costs to see if it is worth it.
OK, I have to start by saying this is not the right question to ask, and if you think about it, you will feel the same way. Why? There are 3 important factors you need to take into account:
- What kind of edibles? You could probably make 1000s of small gummies from an ounce of weed, or many dozen cookies or brownies.
- What strength are those edibles? A 5 mg edible will use less than a 25 mg edible?
- What kind of weed? It matters. You will need half as much 20% THC cannabis as you would 10% THC cannabis to achieve the same dose.
- Edibles and Topicals Dosing with Dosage Calculators
- The Easy Cannabis Cookbook
- Mary Jane: The Complete Marijuana Handbook for Women
- A Crash Course in Cannabis
- Easy Cannabis Cooking for Home Cooks
- The Ultimate Guide to Cannabis Gummies
- Easy DIY Marijuana Topicals and Skincare
- FREE basic Dosing for Edibles Online Class
Everyone's favorite dessert bar cookie just got even better by turning the classic lemon bar recipe into Cannabis Lemon Bars!
These delicious weed lemon bars are both sweet and tart. They're also super quick and easy edibles to make. So easy in fact, this is a terrific beginner's edible to make!
I was lucky enough to have a Meyer lemon tree in my yard when I developed this recipe. If you can find Meyer lemons they have EXCEPTIONAL flavor. However, if you can't find Meyer Lemons, don't let that stop you from making this easy edibles recipe. Regular lemons work just fine too. Just be sure to use freshly squeezed juice.
If you want to go cannabis gourmet, use a citrus strain like Lemon Haze or Tangie to match the terpenes in the cannabis to the terpenes in the lemons. Of course, this is strictly optional. You can make quality cannabis lemon bars with most any strain of cannabis.
Support our awesome sponsors and save!
- Enter the coupon code 10CC at checkout for 10% off the COMPLETE Cannabis Grow Kits from The Budgrower.com.
- For 15% off the FX or any products by Ardent Cannabis, enter the coupon code ARDENTCHERI15 at checkout.
- Check out RYOT for smell-proof bags, quality grinders, and much more. Enter coupon code CHERI15 for 15% off at checkout.
- DaVinci Vaporizers: Save 15% off any order from DaVinci (my favorite flower vapes) by entering the coupon code SAVE15 at checkout.
- Leef Organics CBD Products: Get 15% off your order with the coupon code CHERICBD15.
- POT by NOIDS Decarber, Infuser, FECO Oil Maker. Use the coupon code CHERISICARD for a 5 Euro discount (discount will be converted to dollars). While this is a Dutch company, they do have distribution centers in the US so if you order the product will come from the US and be wired for US too.
- Culinary Solvent food grade alcohol for tinctures or FECO, use code CHERI for 10% off.
Join the Fun on Facebook and YouTube!
- Join Cheri's Facebook group: Cannabis Cooking and DIY Topicals for Home Consumers
- Subscribe to Cheri's YouTube channel
Do You Have a Cannabis Question?
Do you have a burning question about cannabis? Fill out the form at this page and Ask Cheri. She will try to get to as many as possible.