I have gotten a lot of emails lately about cooking with trimmings. Perhaps it’s because it is harvest season. I have some tips below, along with some marvelous marijuana mashed potato recipes.
I’ve grown 18 very nice plants that have rooted and become exceptional cannabis plants. In the process prior to harvesting the buds, we accumulated a whole lot of trimmings. It’s second quality not like the dried and cured buds now. We have experience making cookies in the past with store bought top shelf cannabis and of course this was great. But when we tried to make cookies with the cannabis trimmings, the THC value was quite mild even when eating a full big cookie. Do you have any thoughts on how to increase the potency when cooking with cannabis trimmings?
I was just gifted some shake for cooking. I took your free online dosing class that talks about estimating THC percentages. How would I estimate shake as opposed to flowers? How about trimmings as I have friends who grow who sometimes give me their trim?
Support our awesome sponsors and save!
- Make all-natural rosin with Rosinbomb Rosin Presses. Save 10% by entering the coupon code CHERI at checkout.
- Ardent Decarboxylater: For $30.00 off the Ardent Nova or Ardent FX decarboxylator, infuser, baker, enter the coupon code CANNACHERI at checkout.
- Enter the code CHERI25 to get 25% off your first order of the MonthLeaf Cannabis Subscription Box that introduces you to 5-6 new cannabis products each month.
- Dr. Dabber: Get 15% off any order including the fabulous Dr. Dabber Switch enter the coupon code CHERI15 at checkout.
- DaVinci Vaporizers: Save 15% off any order from DaVinci (my favorite flower vapes) by entering the coupon code SAVE15 at checkout.
- Genius Pipes: Save 10% off any order from Genius Pipes by entering the coupon code CHERI10 at checkout.
- Viperspectra LED Grow Lights: For free shipping in the U.S. and a special 5% discount, use coupon code CANNABISCHERI at checkout.
Marijuana Mashed Potato
I think of all the savory recipes on my website, Marijuana Mashed Potatoes are the clear winner. No wonder. Who doesn’t LOVE mashed potatoes? And with Mary Jane’s special ingredient, they’re even better! Check out my favorite Marijuana Mashed Potato recipes below.
- Marijuana Mashed Potatoes (pictured above)
- Marijuana Mashed Potatoes with Garlic, Sour Cream, and Chives (pictured below)
- Edibles and Topicals Dosing with Dosage Calculators
- The Easy Cannabis Cookbook
- Mary Jane: The Complete Marijuana Handbook for Women
- A Crash Course in Cannabis
- Easy Cannabis Cooking for Home Cooks
- The Ultimate Guide to Cannabis Gummies
- Easy DIY Marijuana Topicals and Skincare
- FREE Basic Dosing for Edibles Online Class
Are You a Member?
- Join Cheri’s Facebook group: Cannabis Cooking and DIY Topicals for Home Consumers
- Subscribe to Cheri’s YouTube channel
Do You Have a Cannabis Question?
Do you have a burning question about cannabis? Fill out the form at this page and Ask Cheri. I will try to get to as many as possible.
|P.P.S. – ACCURATE DOSING FOR HOMEMADE EDIBLES!
If you haven’t already, check out my awesome Marijuana Edible and Topicals Dosing Calculators. No more guesswork! Learn how to figure out how many mgs THC are in your homemade edibles (or topicals), even when not cooking with lab-tested marijuana. It takes less than 10 minutes to watch the video class, and you’ll use the calculators forever.Sign up now!