I hope everyone had a pleasant holiday. If you are anything like me, you over-indulged, and since to many people are on the health and fitness bandwagon this time of year, I thought I would share an article by my cannabis mentor, RN Lanny Swerdlow about cannabis can help. There is also a fabulous collection of cannabis infused salad recipes. Read on!
Obesity and diabetes are two of the major health epidemics plaguing Americans. Marijuana for weight loss may turn out to be just what the doctor ordered to treat this seemingly intractable disorder that is shortening lives, decreasing the quality of life, filling up our nation’s hospitals, and driving health care costs through the roof.
Even though cannabis consumers take in more calories than non-consumers, recent studies have shown that those who use the plant are less likely to be obese, have a lower risk for diabetes and maintain lower body-mass-index measurements.
Now a new study entitled “The Impact of Marijuana Use on Glucose, Insulin and Insulin Resistance among U.S. Adults,” published in the ever-so prestigious American Journal of Medicine, has confirmed that people using marijuana are less likely to develop Type II diabetes, really do have smaller waist circumferences (1 1/2 inches smaller on average than non-cannabis users) and higher levels of HDL cholesterol, the ostensibly good cholesterol that lowers the risk of cardiovascular disease.
Support our awesome sponsors and save!
- Ardent Decarboxylater: For $30.00 off the Ardent Nova or Ardent FX decarboxylator, infuser, baker, enter the coupon code CANNACHERI at checkout.
- Save 15% off accessories for DaVinci Vaporizers by entering the coupon code SAVE15 at checkout.
- Dr. Dabber: Get 15% off any order including the fabulous Dr. Dabber Switch enter the coupon code CHERI15 at checkout.
- Joy Organics CBD products: For 15% off any order enter the coupon code cheri15 at checkout.
- Genius Pipes: Save 10% off any order from Genius Pipes by entering the coupon code CHERI10 at checkout.
I overindulged so much during the holidays, something light, fresh, natural, and healthy sounds really good about now! You will find scrumptious salads of all kinds at this link.
Browse the Cannabis Salads Recipe Collection.